There is just one life for each of us: Our Own

Monday, March 19, 2007

Busy weekend

I'm dying when I arrived home yesterday. I went out to eat dinner with my office mates (not part of my plans) right after my shift.

My friend Rae, who also happened to be my ex-office mate, called me to meet up so I did. My sister sent me a message that she's going to the mall to watch a movie and invited me to come with her and another friend. Who am I to refuse her? I don't want to go home alone again and try to tire myself to death (it's a daily routine). Left with no other choice, I got there to join them.

We watched Dreamgirls. I love it. As a frustrated singer, you bet I did. Jennifer Hudson was just amazing. Beyonce looked glamorous as ever. I loved the songs too. I almost cried in one of the scenes but I realized I was just teary-eyed because of lack of sleep.

Last Saturday, I almost caused a scene with the guy I'm avoiding. I simply told him I'm tired and needed to get a cab so that I wouldn't walk the rest of the way with him.

Honestly, he's a nice guy. He's a good conversationalist and he seemed intelligent too. He can be funny and serious at the same time. He's also friendly to all my friends except the gay one that I hang out with. My friend said he didn't even look at him when they bumped into each other on the ground floor. But other than that, I can say he's an excellent guy.

It's weird. He's not courting me but everyone thinks he is with the way he's acting when he's around me. I guess it's too early to tell. I don't like judging people. I mean, I want to get to know someone better before I make any conclusion. Especially when someone hasn't said anything yet right? If I remember correctly, I met him last Wednesday (5 days!). That's a really short time to judge someone.

That's the hard part for me.

Once I get to know a person, I instantly have this opinion of him in my mind. I like him as a friend and a brother but I can't imagine anything more than that. I'm just afraid that I'd hurt someone again like what happened in high school. When I ignored this guy who's courting me, I knew I hurt him but I didn't care. I'm probably wiser now because I don't want to cause the same pain I, myself, felt when someone I like didn't return the feeling.

Okay...okay, enough of the drama. I'm getting hungry, maybe some munchies would wipe away these blues...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you always have that fixed idea of people, that's precisely the reason why you're still single until now! yeah, it has only been 5 days but you see, everybody knows, including you, that he's up to something (you're just too guarded with yourself that you try to shrugg the idea off). cmon give the guy a chance!

21/3/07 7:21 PM  
Blogger tequila said...

Thanks for the comment...i am giving him a chance, he's just not taking it and he probably won't because we'll have different schedules now.

...guess that's fate @ work.

3/4/07 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home