There is just one life for each of us: Our Own

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

An Extraordinary Day

I was hesitant in going to work last night.

I don't know. I just felt out of my normal perky self. I was a bit down. Please don't ask me why because if I knew the answer to that, I wouldn't even write this today. Maybe it's because my friend and I will be separated from our team next month due to our preferred days off and partly because I miss my friends.

However, there are 2 events from today that will stay on my mind for years simply because they were unexpected:

1. I got out of the cab and I bumped into a certain someone that I had a crush on years ago. Talk about college crush. Well, the feelings certainly came out of nowhere and almost swallowed me whole. The only time I remember that happened was when he held my shoulders when our paths crossed on the street. Take note: he's with his friends at that time and I was walking with my friend after our window shopping/starbucks moment and he just shouted my nickname in the middle of the street like I'm lost. (Well, I sort of uh..got lost when he touched my shoulders!)

Well, today he touched my arm and he shouted my name again. Only this time it was my real name. I was stunned; more like frozen in place. It took a few minutes to recover and to recognize him. Then, he was the one who told me I was probably late. It seemed like he was about to tell me something but decided to keep it because I was in a hurry. Actually, my whole world stopped when I saw him.

I was waiting for that moment for weeks now. Why did it have to happen last night when I was running late for work???

2. I had a great talk with this woman over the phone. She was crabby at first. She kept complaining about my instructions on how she can connect to the internet. After a half hour, she began to tell me about her life. She's 64 years old and alone. I didn't bother asking her where her family is because I didn't want to sound like a nosy agent. I simply replied and commented on her stories about being a survivor of cancer and undergoing another operation some time in the near future. I was amazed at how strong she sounded over the phone. I never would have thought that she's sick or she's really fun to talk with. I even enjoyed it when she was telling me that her favorite past time is the internet and TiVo. If she happens to read this, well, I would like to tell her that she inspired me to make the most out of my life. A bow that reaches the ground would not suffice my respect and gratitude for meeting this kind of woman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home