There is just one life for each of us: Our Own

Monday, April 30, 2007

Reincarnation or just my imagination?

When I was in high school, I was a firm believer of reincarnation or the so-called rebirth. However, I stopped believing some time in college for an unknown reason. Maybe it's the same as kids growing up and realizing that there's no such thing as Santa Claus or tooth fairy.

One Thursday morning, I sat with someone whom I had too much in common with in my first day of college. It was a first for me so I concluded, "Hey, maybe it's true then." Later on, I wrote an article about this for another friend and after much research, believed in having our own control over our lives.

Yesterday, I sat with this ex-crush/office mate of mine. I can't believe that after more than 2 months of knowing him, I knew little about the "real" him. He's a good conversationalist: he knows when to listen to my neverending stories and when to share his own story modestly. He had some work experiences that he can consider as something to be proud of but he sounded very shy when he's talking about it. He knew when to tell a joke or when to laugh uncontrollably at my silly jokes. He also knew when to be honest and serious when I don't feel like laughing at another joke. (Maybe he knew how to tickle people's funny bones because he had a lot of experience in Marketing?) It's just weird that he knew all those stuff when none of my other office mates do. By the way, this guy is the same guy who wears a ring on his finger, the one whose perfume I smelled 5 meters away in the MRT-scene and the same person who got my attention on my first day at work.

Just to clarify, I'm not into married men. I'm puzzled as it is about his being familiar to me, so I'm not interested in anything other than finding out the truth.

The common thing about the 2 incidents: I realized that something is different when our eyes met. (too dramatic-when we had eye contact? same thing.)

Honestly, I don't believe in something unless I have proven it. The thing is, I don't have any proof. It's just conversation that made me realize its meaning.

Too bad, I won't be able to investigate and observe further. Yesterday was my last day with my team for April. I'll be joining a different team in May. I'll really miss all of them but I guess life has a way of leading you to something else so you'll have a clearer picture of yourself and what you need to do with your life.

It's only sad that I had to know about all this when it's almost too late..or maybe not. I just have to deal with the so-called move...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home